POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC entry revisited : Re: IRTC entry revisited Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC entry revisited
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 4 Oct 2007 11:45:01
Message: <web.47050a23ae3c8c78731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"dlm" <me### [at] addressinvalid> wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
> >A magnificent image, Bill. The lighting is very smooth and very convincing.
> >I certainly like the photons, although indeed it seems difficult to relate
> >them to the ghost, but on the other hand, without, the scene would be less
> >'interesting'.

My thoughts exactly, Thomas, and thank you.

> I assume that the message of the picture is about the implicit absent
> bereaved, what with the scattered 2 and 1 themes.

Well, the absence of the departed was in my mind, but you are quite correct,
it works either way.

> I can't help thinking that if the ghost were in the imperfect form of an old
> woman, the dramatic impact would shift and the issue of nudity would become
> irrelevant.
> DLM

True, but much harder to do and less pretty to look at! That never occurred
to me to be honest, what with the practicalities involved. Aren't ghosts
supposed to reflect who you think you are? ;-) And anyway, who's to say
that the lady in question didn't shuffle off her mortal coil before her
time... :-(

Bill