POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Admin vs. User-level access/rendering in WinXP : Admin vs. User-level access/rendering in WinXP Server Time
19 May 2024 10:53:16 EDT (-0400)
  Admin vs. User-level access/rendering in WinXP
From: csu math
Date: 1 Oct 2007 12:35:00
Message: <web.4701214861f57db4ecd962040@news.povray.org>
Hello

  I'm the local admin for the math department faculty, and one member of the
department wants this installed.  I've done the default install and it works
for me on my admin profile, but will not render any images on a standard
WinXP user profile.  The error message provided is as follows:

Cannot Open File C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-Ray for Windows
v3.6RENDERERRERUNCURRENT.INI to write rerun information

  I'm not finding anything in the setting which will permit me to override
this problem.  With respect to changing settings, I've changed Script I/O
restrictions to "no restrictions".  Any information would be appreciated.
I'm not finding information through the FAQs or other messages to resolve
this (I'll check again, however).

  I can be emailed directly at csu### [at] gmailcom with further information.