POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #8 : Re: Lostguy WIP #8 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #8
From: sooperFoX
Date: 1 Oct 2007 04:45:01
Message: <web.4700b296770a47d9943b35b60@news.povray.org>
Tim Nikias <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote:
> So, after quite some time, another update on the image.

I must admit that I have not seen the earlier versions, but I like this one.
Were you going for a semi-cartoon look? I think it works very well as a nice
blend.

One small nitpick (sorry!) - I think one of the signs should read
"Heartbreak" rather than "Heartbroken", just to be consistent with all the
others.

Also I don't see "Debt" anywhere! Or is that it hiding behind "Stress"? ;-)

If you plan on making additions to this scene at a later date I could
suggest maybe a signpost and just the bottom tip of a sign (words not
visible) in the extreme foreground - maybe way over on the right edge (so
as not to obscure the man). I think it would complement the signs way off
in the distance nicely, and add to the 'magnitude' of this man's
helplessness.

Well please don't take these as criticisms because they were not intended
that way. I love this image, the atmosphere and the composition; plus the
subject is something I think we can all relate to.

Great work!

-- sooperFoX
a.k.a. Chris