POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Victoria Import : Re: Victoria Import Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Victoria Import
From: alphaQuad
Date: 28 Sep 2007 16:55:01
Message: <web.46fd6789cc37018f72f9c1b70@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> At least, you're not on Win ME ;) Blue Screen Parlor!

I have had very few problems with Win98SE as long I dont do something stupid
like try and run directX 8.1. When I do run DX8 to access DAZ, word editors
fail to run, PoseRay fails to run, error a minute.

I got 4 drives to solve these kinds of issues.

No problems so far with PoseRay, So FlyerX and take down that part of
requirements that states, not tested on Win98SE, but that OS probably stops
at DX7. Or is it just my graphics card that is incompatible with DX8? DX8
replaced too many system files without regard for other apps. $MS would be
the most likely culprit.