POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mmmm...breadboard... : Re: Mmmm...breadboard... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:17:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mmmm...breadboard...
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Sep 2007 04:30:02
Message: <web.46fcba5d260418cdc4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"JS" <bos### [at] yahoocouk> wrote:
> As one who builds electronic circuits I've tried to create a virtual version
> of the famous 555 astable LED flasher. I had problems with the breadboard
> creating the holes; using a loop took too long and without wasn't much
> faster. So, I created the holes of one row in a block just once and then
> used that again and again to build the breadboard.
>
> Any comments please!
>
> James S.

Hi James
This takes me back a few years. Why did you not use a 556 and you could have
twice as many flashing lights for the same virtual money? :-)
Comments:
I want to see it flashing so you need to animate it. :-)
The devil is in the detail as they say, so this is an excellent project (I

circuits albeit quite a while ago.
I like the modelling, especially your resistors and colour code markings
(BBROYGBVGW).
The Ceramic Cap could do with a small blob on the end of the leads.
The 555 should have a seam round the body where the legs enter it, Did you
intersect the numbers from the body? IIRC the numbers were printed on along

green LED looks too flat. (Maybe make it more transparent and put a small
light source inside. Or you could use media.)
The wires from the battery are too regular, a sphere sweep might help.
The leads from the unused components are too clean. Maybe a few scratches
through the oxide to the metal?
With the breadboard you did the right thing about the holes by referencing
one block but again IIRC the holes should be square and we should be able
to see the contacts inside.

you connect pin 4 to the supply using three links? Did you run out of wire?
:-)
One last thing, use a skysphere so that you have something for your shiny
components to reflect.
I know that I have criticised just about everything but you are close to
having a really good image.

Stephen