POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blocks and media : Re: Blocks and media Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blocks and media
From: scam
Date: 21 Sep 2007 10:40:01
Message: <web.46f3d78ce6fab3a3972cd67a0@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:

> For some reason, the glow effect doesn't seem quite "right". It feels
> more like a motion blur, which probably isn't what you're trying to achieve.
>
> Otherwise, this is great. Shiny! :-)

Yes, that's right. The way the're implemented it really is like a motion
blur. Basically it's emitting media with a density of 1 at the object
surface, decreasing to 0 along the normal over a small distance. I'm still
trying to figure out how to do it properly without cheating.

bob@127.0.0.1 wrote:
>  Ooooo, Pretty!  :)

Cheers!

>  Bad idea because it means heinous load times ... unless you've got
> cable or are browsing the web from work.

You're probably right, although properly designed (using css I think?) you
would only have to download the header and sidebar images once.