POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and scattering media. : Re: Radiosity and scattering media. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and scattering media.
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Sep 2007 02:30:00
Message: <web.46f36451964c6ca332a3ba970@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> > Also, media doesn't illuminate other media (or itself) when using radiosity.
> > This was never clear--or even mentioned?--in the POV documentation.
> >

> Yes. In another thread, we are talking about a new SDL for POV. Perhaps 'we'
> could not only add some features to the langage itself, but take the
> occasion to also add some features as a ray-tracer.

I read that post with great interest. Not being a real programmer (as in
C++, etc.) I would certainly like to help anyway, with updating/clarifying
the POV documentation. I was a technical writer at one time, so I have
*some* skill at such things... :-) I would assume that there are many of
'us' out here who would love to contribute in some way to strengthening
and furthering this great program.

Cheers!

KW