POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Sound? : Re: Sound? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sound?
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Sep 2007 04:40:00
Message: <web.46f230bcab08231ec4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>        Anyway, this isn't the Stills group, this is the Animations group, so
> all, what's the general consensus with 'sound' in animations?

raytracing comp and adding sound adds another dimension. I seldom listen to
sound on my machine, in fact I generally have it switched off completely.

switched on.) So I think that since sound can improve or detract from the
enjoyment of an animation it should have a separate category for marking
which is not taken into account for the final placing but only for feedback
for the authors. I think that the ratings should not take sound into
account. I would be willing to be talked out of this.

Another point is the Technical rating. How are we supposed to judge this?
For me it is fine marking Pov-Ray created animations but how would I know
what is hard or easy to do in Cinema 4D? Just a point for discussion.

Stephen