POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity and scattering media. : Re: Radiosity and scattering media. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and scattering media.
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 20 Sep 2007 02:45:01
Message: <web.46f21600964c6ca3eb26baae0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> "Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
>          Bruno
> >
> > I forgot to say the most important: as radiosity does not illuminate
> > scattering media, I faked -as suggested before - by using many light
> > sources of the appropriate color, in a light_group with the box.
> >

> Also, media doesn't illuminate other media (or itself) when using radiosity.
> This was never clear--or even mentioned?--in the POV documentation.
>
> KW

Yes. In another thread, we are talking about a new SDL for POV. Perhaps 'we'
could not only add some features to the langage itself, but take the
occasion to also add some features as a ray-tracer. But it's all a LOT of
work, and maybe 'we' could manage this project like those in the industry,
whether or not it can be all/partly open-source'd.

There are some reliable people here who are obviously accustomed to large
developments in the industry and who know about methodology, and who are
likely to volunteer to help lead/contribute this projet.

Anyway, thanks to the POV team to be still present after quite a while.

    Bruno