POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Status of Moray? : Re: Status of Moray? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:34:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Status of Moray?
From: nemesis
Date: 8 Sep 2007 17:25:00
Message: <web.46e31210aa459942c66f2d8a0@news.povray.org>
Shay <Sha### [at] cccc> wrote:
> I don't want to start a drawn out POV vs. RIB comparison

too late. ;)

anyway, I was wrong about Pixie.  Good to know it has native support for
geometric primitives, CSG and the likes, without resorting to huge meshes.
Good to know too about its SDL.

It's a bad thing though that XML has f*cked up so many minds through the
industry:  you can't have anymore a good ol' little domain specific
language to do the job without resorting to XML syntax or something quite
the same, like Pixie's and YAFRay's.  What's wrong with {} blocks?  What's
the matter with "Object.attribute = value"?  I can see the horrific day
when Java comes blended with XML syntax...