POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D : Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:05:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Configuring POVray for use with Eagle 3D
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Sep 2007 10:00:01
Message: <web.46e158627427a7a7726bd13c0@news.povray.org>
Tiger <nos### [at] nospam> wrote:
> I'm a complete newbie when it comes to POVray and need some help
> configuring and using it.
> I'm on a Powerbook G4 (1.67GHz) running MacOS 10.4.10.
> I've installed POVray 3.6.
>
> I barely know what POVray is (excuse my ignorance), but have an interest
> in it because of "Eagle 3D" which is a script that produces a .POV file
> out of an electronic circuit board design.
[snip]

> Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'tools.inc'
>
> File test.pov line 117
> Parse Error: Cannot open include file tools.inc.
>
> File test.pov line 117
> Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L
> switch or 'Library_Path='
> .INI item. Standard include files are in the include directory or
> folder. Please read your
> documentation carefully.

Welcome Tiger,

instructions. The error message you got tells you that there is a file that
cannot be found (tools.inc) and you should enter a search path into, what in
windows is POVRAY.INI. The documentation should tell you what to do. Or you
could put tools.inc in the same folder as the Pov file, that should work
too.
Do try and take some time to learn a bit about Pov-Ray in its own right
before you start using it as a render engine, it might not be what you
expect. To get good quality images you will need to understand how Pov-Ray
works.
WARNING Pov-Ray can be addictive :-)
I wandered in here about eight years ago because I read that Pov-Ray could

Stephen