POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The evil eyes : Re: The evil eyes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The evil eyes
From: scam
Date: 30 Aug 2007 20:10:01
Message: <web.46d75c51a1ef49a365baf9720@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> It looks really nice now!
>
> One thing I noticed, which is present in all the versions, is the oddly
> bright sky in contrast with the extremely dark figures. It's almost

> http://www.ludimaginary.net/blogamoi/img_local/empire_lumiere.jpg
>
> I tried to make the sky darker, just to see what it looks like (attached).
> The bright sky has its own charm though and I realize it's probably needed
> for the reflections if you don't want to cheat by using no_image flags and
> such.
>
> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

Thanks Rune, especially for the constructuve criticism.

Interesting to see the image with ths sky darkened. Probably the more
realistic way to represent the sky considering how dark the rest of the
scene is, however I quite like the way the figures seem to suck the light
from the scene. Kind of like that black space ship in The Hitch Hikers
Guide to the Galaxy books.

Anyway I'm now thinking about the composition of the flower scene. Something
like a close up of a sunflower head featuring the figures in the foreground,
with an entire field of such flowers in the back ground. I think a nice blue
sky will work well there as well.