POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The evil eyes : Re: The evil eyes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The evil eyes
From: scam
Date: 30 Aug 2007 11:50:00
Message: <web.46d6e66da1ef49a3e43b92be0@news.povray.org>
Thanks again everyone for the feedback, much appreciated. I went back to the
original image and tweaked the bits that were bothering me (removed some
obvious intersections, shifted a few other figures around for aesthetic
reasons), so essentially it's the same image I originally posted but now it
works better at high resolutions.

"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I am not sure about the focal blur. This focusses the attention upon the
> central figure, but I would prefer a more diffuse dread.
>
> Thomas

I toned the focal blur down quite a bit, so that the texture on the figures
in the back row had just faded out. I find CG images with no simulated
distortions from either a virtual human eye or a virtual lens are fatiguing
to look at. Just enough focal blur so that the viewer isn't necessarily
aware of it never hurts an image I feel.

Anyway here's the final version in high resolution. Now it's time to work a
flower theme back in...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'petal0.23.png' (451 KB)