POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The evil eyes : Re: The evil eyes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The evil eyes
From: scam
Date: 29 Aug 2007 20:55:00
Message: <web.46d614a4a1ef49a35ffa356d0@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:

> It seems more logical that the front figure has the same scaling as the
> rest, instead of looking much taller. Focal blur is also nice.
>
> However, the overall composition in the image was better before IMHO. I've
> attached an image showing the nice lines and balance in the old version.
>
> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

I see what you mean, and I actually agree with you. The main problem with
the first image is that a number of the figures are intersecting quite
significantly (particularly two on the left in the back row). It doesn't
look to bad at 640x480, but it was a bit jarring at desktop resolutions.
I'll have another crack at keeping the same composition but removing the
intersecting figures (made more difficult because I used random numbers to
perturb the figures position form their starting point on concentric
circles).

Thanks for the feedback by the way, I often feel the biggest challenge is to
see the forest for the trees.