POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal & Flowers WIP? 5 - with new colors! : Re: Test with your own wall color! Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test with your own wall color!
From: Grassblade
Date: 24 Aug 2007 12:50:01
Message: <web.46cf0b5a840f38808207e25c0@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> I made a little flash file where you can change the color of the wall and
> see the posters on that color. You can also choose between the various
> preset poster colors or even pick a color of your own choice.
>
> http://runevision.com/3d/metalandflowers/
>
> You can also share your findings, so if you want to show off how the posters
> would look on your wall, or want to suggest a color for the posters that you
> think look awsome, simply copy the url generated at the bottom and post
> here.
>
> Sorry for the very buggy color picker. I found it on the net and it was even
> worse before I fixed a few (other) major issues it had. If anyone have been
> able to find a free one that's better, please let me know. All the well
> tested ones seem to cost money.
>
> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

Well, the metal reflects both yellow and blue reflections, which
incidentally might explain the overwhelming support for both kakhi and blue
backgrounds, so I thought a light green could work. Something like
http://runevision.com/3d/metalandflowers/?wall=FFFFFF&poster=CBD4CB&frames=true
IMO, it sets off the red in the stems, which in turn make the red of the
flowers really stand out.

I also tried a non-uniform background, based on white and the blue
reflection #c8c8d3. Maybe a tad obvious. :-p

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal12_composition_1024_white_wirly.jpg' (143 KB)

Preview of image 'metal12_composition_1024_white_wirly.jpg'
metal12_composition_1024_white_wirly.jpg