POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water feature : Re: Water feature Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water feature
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Aug 2007 06:45:00
Message: <web.46cd648569b3b56b731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> I love these quiet, almost abstract, scenes. This one reminds me of some BW
> photographic works from the 1930's or 40's (sad how precise memory always
> fails when you need it...). Beautiful textures too.

Thanks Thomas.

Actually this is becoming rather a headache for such a simple scene - I have
a cloudscape outside and it's pushing render times into
hoursandhoursandhours even at quite small resolutions. Does anybody know
any tricks to speed up media clouds? It really drops to a crawl when
radiosity is turned on, even if I specify no_radiosity for the cloud
container (using MegaPOV).