POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water feature : Re: Water feature Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water feature
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 23 Aug 2007 06:40:00
Message: <web.46cd638269b3b56b731f01d10@news.povray.org>
William Tracy <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote:
> The shiny surface of the sphere gives me an idea. What if there were a
> hole bored through the stone vertically, and water pumped through it as
> a fountain?
>
> It wouldn't even have to spray in the air--you could just have it
> trickle over the sides, with an isosurface or maybe even just some
> different normal perturbations of the sphere.

Actually, this was my original intention (great minds think alike!) but it
was proving very tricky to get right. It basically just looked like an
extra-shiny ball. I guess water features like that need some movement to
make it obvious what's happening. I may try some more, but since this
object isn't the focus of the scene I probably won't bust a gut over it.

> At any rate, it's great as it is. :-)

I thankyou.