POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #6 : Re: Lostguy WIP #6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #6
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 21 Aug 2007 11:10:01
Message: <web.46caffcc90b26ade8eb111620@news.povray.org>
This picture has come a long way from where it began!

This is an excellent image.  I've not posted here for a long time because
I've been busy with graphic design, and this is the kind of image for which
people pay money to put in magazines, advertisements etc.  The image so
excellently describes the idea of confusion and the burden of making life
decisions in an attractive, cartoonish style. The background hills with the
fluffy clouds give it a very good feel.

If you wanted to try and get your art work in some publications, put that
mac to work rendering it in high resolution and see what you can get from a
stock illustration site.

The only thing I would suggest would be to change the color balance, either
to cool colors to give a cold and somewhat fearful feeling (perhaps by
adding a purplish fill light), or to warmer colors to give a more
optimistic feel (by brightening up the sun and shifting it to yellow/orange
a bit).

-- Kirk