POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lostguy WIP #6 : Re: Lostguy WIP #6 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lostguy WIP #6
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Aug 2007 05:50:00
Message: <web.46cab47d90b26ade731f01d10@news.povray.org>
I really like it. The background massively improves the image, to my mind.
And, especially for a hand-modelled figure, that poor lost guy looks
particularly good. As to the paths looking too much like crackle, have you
tried an agate pattern? The middle of the color map (0.45-0.55 or whatever)
can look nice and stringy without the cell-structure that crackle produces.
It might not work, but could be worth a look!

Am jealous of your impending MacBook Pro. The screens on those machines are
phenomenal - I'm sure this is the main reason for their relative expense.

Bill