POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That cross, close up. : Re: That cross (attachment - 40.5kb jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That cross (attachment - 40.5kb jpg)
From: Stephen
Date: 13 Aug 2007 07:15:01
Message: <web.46c03cf41951ecc0c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> > "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> >

> >>       Oh, wow, thank you guys! It just spurs me on...  :o)
> >>
> >>        Here's a necklace.  :o)
> >>
> >>         ~Steve~
> >>

> > You're just showing off now :-)
>
>      LOL!

If you've got it, flaunt it :-)

> > How did you get your placement of the pendant and chain?
>
>    With great difficulty... ;)  Actually, the pendant was ok, but with the
> chain, I combined four links as one model and then duplicated and rotated
> each model against the bust - even doing that was hard though.

I can imagine. My first animation involved a chain and I remember how
painstakingly difficult it was.

> I can't see any
> > floating or intersection with the model. The reflection of the chain on
> > the
> > model shows that the chain stops at the edge of the picture (top right as
> > you look at it), so a little tweak there and it's perfect.
>
>     Heh, you have better eyesight than me Stephen! :o) Thanks for pointing
> it out, I didn't notice it.

I doubt the better eyesight thing but I have the advantage of having had to

Another tip, and it is an old photographers one, is to turn the image
upside down. This makes any image that has things your brain recognizes,
unfamiliar and you can look at it without your brain filling in details
that are not there.

> > I've now got your bracelet on my desktop.
>
>      Really? Cool, I don't think anyone has used something of mine as a
> desktop.
>
>        ~Steve~  (mood: happy)  :o)

Stephen