POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower and Metal WIP2 : Re: Flower and Metal WIP2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower and Metal WIP2
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 27 Jul 2007 21:40:02
Message: <web.46aa9e05b0007a275e73ab330@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Alain wrote:
> > For the sss, maybe having a fade_color with a short fade_distance
> > could help. Does using strum help?
>
> Sturm in the blob makes no difference.
>
> When I add fade_distance to the interior, things become even more odd: The
> blob part seems not to become darker at all (and the artifacts are still
> there). The sphere_sweep parts however become very dark (but the artifacts
> are still here, too). It's the same interior applied to a union of blob and
> sphere_sweep, yet they look completely different from each other! I don't
> understand this...
>
> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

It could be about the angle of incidence of the light striking it.  The
pistil has a lot of direct light, whereas the stamens don't (except the one
on the bottom where you can see a bright edge).  I had some similar problems
with developing a wax material.  I find it best not to mix interior fading
with media.  Rather adjust the densities and colours of the scattering
media and use absorption media to attenuate the light instead.  You may
also want to try other scattering media types than the one you have.

-tgq