POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: Marie-Noelle
Date: 27 Jul 2007 15:50:01
Message: <web.46aa4b5782d2c2234d7c19550@news.povray.org>
Hi Sean,
            Well first of all, you fooled me into thinking your photo was
"real". I mean, not altered. And I have to agree, looking at it, I can feel
the warmth of the sun on my face and the crip of the snow. You can even
almost feel the texture of the snow. I think it's an absolutely fantastic
image.
            Here's why I'm writing to you. I recently formed a new
non-profit organization called Save a Snowman. What we do is act as a
snowmen orphanage, where people can choose from our adoption books and
adopt the snowman of their choice. They get a picture, a profile and
letters from their snowman for as long as they keep sponsoring him. All the
money we raising is used to fight climate change. The idea being, snowmen
are growing extinct due to the earth warming up. Right now, we are focusing
on alternative energy, cleaning our air and protecting our forests and
oceans.
            We collected about a dozen snowmen that people donated to us
from all over the world, and we are really excited about launching our new
organization.
    I saw your photo online months ago and I fell in love with it....might
be my own nostalgia of white winters. Per your agreement, I would love your
photo to be our main page on our website. I understand you may have already
copyrighted your image. But if you are interested in our cause I would love
to find a way to work with you to set up a release form that would be fair

be available to the public.  Any possible links back to you will be deleted
from the picture, as your privacy is important to us. Unless you would
prefer otherwise.
 I hope you'll think about it.  You can email me back directly at
mar### [at] saveasnowmanorg.
         Our website; www.saveasnowman.org will be launched in November 2007
but you are welcome to visit us in the mean time for periodic updates.

        Thank you for your time, and by the way, we love that he doesn't
have a face or arms, it makes him the perfect sympbol of a snowman.

Hope to hear from you soon,

All the best,

Marie-Noelle Marquis
Founder & President