POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Julia fractal with a twist : Re: A Julia fractal with a twist Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Julia fractal with a twist
From: scam
Date: 20 Jul 2007 22:35:02
Message: <web.46a1701b23e19622bcbc0e870@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> RusHHouR nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/20 14:06:
> >> And one more, mostly for my own amusement.
> >
> > Hey, watch it where you point that! You could put someones eye out. ;)
> > Nice image. But what makes the fractal look so evil? xD
> >
> It's DARK, there are those spikes, and that red glow whispers to you dangerously
> "...evil..."

Heh, I think fractals remind us of something organic or alive due to the
many fractals that appear in nature. So if you make one that looks a little
sinister perhaps one interprets that as arising from bad intentions or
character of a living thing, which fits the definition of evil quite well
;)

I made a desktop version of the third image for myself by the way.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'julia_0.26_1680x1050.png' (408 KB)

Preview of image 'julia_0.26_1680x1050.png'
julia_0.26_1680x1050.png