POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wireframe mobius thingy : Re: Wireframe mobius thingy Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wireframe mobius thingy
From: Grassblade
Date: 16 Jul 2007 03:45:01
Message: <web.469b21975c02c98cd79c3b620@news.povray.org>
"Billy R." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I actually did not use the built in aa as I remember reading several posts
> regarding the technique of rendering a picture at 2x size and then
> downsizing it in GIMP or PS and getting better results. I am not really
> getting anywhere with my attempts so I will a) try your suggestion
> regarding blur in GIMP, and b) rendering with aa in POV again.

Actually the technique of doubling the size will work best if you already
have some antialiasing in, so you should use some aa (or focal blur
considering you have a simple plane/background). It's quite unlikely to get
better results with  a bigger render that uses no aa, unless you blow the
render up to some absurd resolution which would inevitably slow the render
to a crawl.