POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wireframe mobius thingy : Re: Wireframe mobius thingy Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wireframe mobius thingy
From: Billy R
Date: 14 Jul 2007 12:00:02
Message: <web.4698f2415c02c98c82ce9eee0@news.povray.org>
"Grassblade" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Nice pic and nice concept, but it doesn't look like a mobius strip to me. If
> I follow one of the rows with the eye/finger/pen, after a complete turn I
> end up exactly at the starting point. A mobius strip would make me reach
> the other "face" after a complete turn.

You are absolutely correct. I just had no idea what else to call it.
Wirefram Rotating Thingy I guess :)

> Concerning AA, I assume you already tried rendering with +aa0.0 +am2? If
> rendering at a higher resolution doesn't solve the problem you could apply
> a little blur in the Gimp. Press V, make sure blur is selected, select an
> opacity of at most 50%, and paint on the most jagged areas. If you want to
> apply it on a straight line, press shift and you'll see a visor linking the
> last clicked pixel to the current mouse position.

I actually did not use the built in aa as I remember reading several posts
regarding the technique of rendering a picture at 2x size and then
downsizing it in GIMP or PS and getting better results. I am not really
getting anywhere with my attempts so I will a) try your suggestion
regarding blur in GIMP, and b) rendering with aa in POV again.