POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower of life :: WIP 02 : Re: Flower of life :: WIP 02 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower of life :: WIP 02
From: milco2006
Date: 12 Jul 2007 12:45:01
Message: <web.46965a523b15f01f5dc4be0@news.povray.org>
"Txemi Jendrix" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi all.
> It's a new version without the sphere, using a pointlight inside the cube
> instead.
> I've added some rubies and a plane for the ground.
> The lights use fade distance and fade power.
> Hope you like it.
>
> Txemi Jendrix
> http://www.txemijendrix.com

I absolutely love it. I have personally worked a little recently with some
stained glass surrounded by lead however this is stunning and makes half of
me want to try a lot harder and the other half of me want to quite and leave
it to people like yourself.

IMHO (Very humbled indeed)it looks slightly strange having the very dark and
strong shadow behind the cube. I am not sure how it would look but I would
be interested to see how it would appear with just the light from within,
like a lantern sort of thing I guess. The only reason I mention it is that
I love the pattern given out onto the plane. No criticism really, just a
thought.

~Malcolm