POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1st CGSphere : Re: 1st CGSphere Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1st CGSphere
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 10 Jul 2007 09:35:02
Message: <web.46938a1b48522dd3c39c298e0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> The orientation of the sphere for instance,
> as the "guides" for the spacecraft (back and front to us) are almost
> coincident with the background grid. I would rotate it a tiny bit.

> I am not entirely sure about the colorful rectangle at the base. Its
> function is not clear enough perhaps and it distracts the viewer a bit too
> much... Just my 2cts really.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  I was actually thinking about both
of those issues.  Since the ships and display take their orientation from
the same variables, it's easy enough to try out various rotations.  I don't
see HOW the meaning of the multicolor rectangle in the foreground could be
unclear since it's OBVIOUSLY a Dance-Dance-Dance-Dance-Dance-Revolution
control pad for a race of sentient centipedes ;-)

Seriously, that part does need some work.  One of the things I like best
about the CGSphere project is the opportunity to update a posted image.  I
had been dragging my feet with regard to getting something up there and
didn't want this to become one of the many projects that never gets past my
own hard drive.  I'll probably spend a couple of days tweaking it so that
version #2 will be at least close to final.

Regards,
Mike C.