POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower of life :: WIP 01 : Re: Flower of life :: WIP 01 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower of life :: WIP 01
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 10 Jul 2007 06:05:01
Message: <web.46935901a21ca1a57f4b322e0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "OpalPlanet" <ecs### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> > Gorgeous! Splines?
> >

> Looks like a nice collection of unioned and differenced cylinders (on the
> technical side). It's very nice indeed. I would like to see the media sphere
> glow a little bit, though :-)

As I said they are tori.The basic structure was created with tori; I made 5
references and join them all to create the flower of life. Later I made a
CSG union of the flower and made 5 references of the flower of life, so the
can fit as the faces of a cube.

The sphere inside the cube is a white sphere with a high reflection value.
No media by now.

Maybe it could be the beginning of a GSSphere entry :-)

The good thing is that it took less than 5 minutes to render with the latest
beta (with povray 3.6 took 40 minutes).

Thank you for your comments Thomas.
See you.

> Thomas