POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothers in Poser - Take 7 (WIP) : Re: Making clothers in Poser - Take 7 (WIP) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:10:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothers in Poser - Take 7 (WIP)
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Jul 2007 11:10:02
Message: <web.46924e9fdba22c50c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > You (we) really need interactivity between clothes. It would be nice if,
> > in
> > Poser, different parts of a mesh could have different properties.
> Well, there is of course interactivity between the clothes as for instance
> the pirihan interacts with the shalwar, and the shalwar is restricted by the
> boots. The sash is a different story, but the caftan will interact
> simultaneously with the pirihan, the sash, and (possibly) the scimitar
> (depends on how I shall fix it). Thus, you can get a feeling for the
> different cloth layers which are remarkably naturalistic.
> In terms of different properties, what do you have in mind?

What I was thinking of was the shalwar interacting with the pirihan so that
the pirihan flattens the shalwar. Also If you had a coat that had stiffened
shoulders you might want to have a different bending factor for the
shoulders than on the main part of the cloth.

> > A scimitar?
> > A handbag!!!
> Hmm... you might indeed prefer to see him with a handbag if you meet him at
> night :-) However... I am afraid that he is not that type of guy. Much more
> expert with the scimitar than with the handbag  ;-)

Sorry Thomas, I was laughing at my own writing style. I was asking if you

same play as does this quote. And it is quite famous :-)
To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like
carelessness.

Stephen