POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Relativity WIP #2 : Re: Relativity WIP #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relativity WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 5 Jul 2007 19:00:06
Message: <web.468d76ff249c509fdba310460@news.povray.org>
Here's the state of play with my grass for outside the structure.

It's my own grass, blades grouped in clumps, clumps placed over square
tiles, tiles put together to fill a rectangular region. Each grass tile is
a single mesh, so I can use the same random-selection-from-an-array trick
as with the bricks.

It's looking quite nice, and the grass only takes up a few MB of peak memory
so POV-Ray should be perfectly happy with more. However, this test with
radiosity took just over an hour to render so I'll probably be looking at a
real slog for the final version. The radiosity on the structure is a little
patchy but i think it'll be perfectly adequate as long as I up the count a
little (it's only 100 at the mo). The texturing on the bricks should hide
any artifacts left over.

Getting there... :)

Bill

Post a reply to this message