POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dream Car : Dream Car Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Dream Car
From: triple r
Date: 4 Jul 2007 19:45:01
Message: <web.468c2fcbe0850a58efa9f3280@news.povray.org>
It's a Lego set, not an original creation, but I still wish I had one.  A
lot better than that darn Toyota.  Here's a large version and a version
showing the gears:

http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~rreusser/supercar1440.jpg
http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~rreusser/gears.jpg

It's made with the LDraw system, the Bricksmith interface, and LSynth for
the chain.  The interface isn't half bad once you figure out groups and
mirroring.  The only tough part was all of the connections which were done
in the forward-kinematic sense (aka trial and error).  Rendering time
~3hrs.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: