POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Relativity WIP #2 : Re: Relativity WIP #2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relativity WIP #2
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Jul 2007 10:15:02
Message: <web.468a58c7249c509f731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>     This is looking good Bill! But just to spoil your render time by a few
> seconds/minutes more, the one thing that hit me, was the lack of a corner
> post on the lower middle railings. Sorry.  :o(

Whoops! For some reason I thought there wasn't one and left it out
deliberately, but you're right. It shall be rectified. Not that I'm going
for an exact replica; I'm not going to bother with arches/lintels over the
doorways, for example.

I'm having a bit of bother with the lighting at the moment. It looks good,
sure, but I'm having trouble getting the radiosity to go fast enough. If
the exterior sections are going to remain over-bright then I'm going to
have to render it double size in order to get acceptable antialiasing on
the relevant edges, which will be a very long render with high-quality
radiosity. I'm not feeling that patient at the moment!

Anyway, onwards...