POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego raytracing challenge : Lego raytracing challenge Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Lego raytracing challenge
From: Arno
Date: 30 Jun 2007 16:35:01
Message: <web.4686be124ed53069bab0c78b0@news.povray.org>
This image is my submission for a Lego raytracing challenge that is held
within the LDraw community. LDraw is a popular system of free software
tools for modelling Lego creations in 3D (www.ldraw.org). POV-Ray is the
rendering tool that is most frequently used here.
The idea behind the raytracing challenge is to showcase rendering techniques
within the community and to spur people's creativity and show different
interpretations of the same source material. Thereto, a Lego model is
provided (digitally), which should be used as the basis for a scene.

A gallery of the submissions can be found here:
http://www.ldraw.org/Article451.html

For a previous edition I submitted this image:
http://www.ldraw.org/gallery/2007/RACHAL_Atmosphobic_AvdH.jpg

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rachal_impossible_avdh.jpg' (300 KB)

Preview of image 'rachal_impossible_avdh.jpg'
rachal_impossible_avdh.jpg