POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Combining Materials in Poser : Re: Combining Materials in Poser Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining Materials in Poser
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jun 2007 08:25:02
Message: <web.4683a86f4575884c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> I think that highlighting *all* the surfaces of the model and assign them a
> single texture will do the trick, if as you say the model consist of one
> mesh with three textures. If you want to uv map that texture, then you will
> need to unwrap the mesh. My experience with Wings for that is not
> conclusive, but since I discovered the new ability in the beta of Silo, this
> is working fantastically. Other free stuff that do the job (they say) would
> be UVMapper, but I have no real experience with that.
>
> Thomas

Well it was a bit more complicated than I said. There were 4 materials but I
wanted to keep the waistband as it was and only combine the two parts of the
skirt and hem. I managed to do it by creating a new material then and moving
the meshes of the old materials to it. Then deleting the old materials.
I will start off simply using a plane texture, KISS :-)

Stephen