POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Photon support? : Re: Photon support? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon support?
From: Schwan379
Date: 26 Jun 2007 18:45:02
Message: <web.4681961af97de4aee044ade10@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@*NOSPAM*SOWare.co.uk> wrote:
> I understand that but a) I've been developing other software for years and
> am used to accepting bugs in Betas - I just consider this a learning curve
> and b) I have a core2duo - I just want SMP support - so I'm willing to put
> up with a small waste of my time to almost halve my render time :) but yes,
> you are correct- not the best idea in the world.
>
> Either way, it's taught me a lot about the use of photons :D

Oh, yes. I know what you mean. I've the same Problem ;-). I'm using Pov 3.7
much more often than I should use a Beta. But its much faster than Pov 3.6
- thanks to +BM2 and the SMP support.
Perhaps I should call it "intensive Beta-testing". And if I get an image
without errors, there is no need to re-render it with Pov 3.6 ;-).