POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : In search of a good editor : Re: In search of a good editor Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:11:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In search of a good editor
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Jun 2007 12:40:01
Message: <web.467feeb3a4a34944773c9a3e0@news.povray.org>
oh, boomer!  How have I missed such fun thread! :D

BTW, code completion works best in the editors you mentioned than in the
WinPov editor itself:  it completes not only keywords, but also
identifiers, like user-defined function, macro and variable names... and
because it's a simple and efficient text-completion mechanism, it doesn't
take huge amounts of memory by cramming a whole parser and semantic
analyser into the editor, like Windows-minded IDEs do...

About Povclipse:  hey, it's java!  Shouldn't it run anywhere for granted?

My best bet is vim.  Or emacs if you don't mind developing finger dextery
like a pianist...