POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined : Re: Ruined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined
From: Grassblade
Date: 24 Jun 2007 15:40:02
Message: <web.467ec797b5692e82798153040@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Ahhh, there's the goal (and I hadn't thought about bird poop, either!).  The
> trick is getting that grime *just* in the recesses.  Samuel Benge has been
> trying to help me figure out how to do that.  If you have any suggestions
> on how that could be done in POV I'd love to hear it.
>
> -- Kirk
Hmm, the way I would do it, is with absorbing media applied to a cylinder
with a radius just a little bit smaller than the column's. Its density
might be (emi-)spherical so the vast majority of the grime would be located
near the bottom.

Nice pic, BTW. I really like the sky, it looks like a "simple" procedural
sky, but simple procedural skies are anything but simple to get right, IMO.