POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined : Re: Ruined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 24 Jun 2007 07:05:02
Message: <web.467e4f64b5692e828d9b8bbd0@news.povray.org>
> Looks good. Did you use an ambient occlusion shader for the surface?
>
> ~Sam

Thanks!

No, I just used a couple slope maps to get a bit of the effect.

Perhaps I'm not quite bright enough, but I didn't quite understand how your
suggestion in the advanced users forum would work, the one with jittered
object pigment.  By "jitter", do you mean a slight amount of turbulence and
rotation/translation each time, averaged together?

Thanks,

Kirk