POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield with road : Re: Heightfield with road Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield with road
From: SharkD
Date: 23 Jun 2007 13:30:02
Message: <web.467d582b35b0b2889ecc95aa0@news.povray.org>
Here's what I did:

1) I enlarged the heightfield source image. I did this by rendering an
overhead orthographic view of just the heightfield with a y-axis, black to
white ambient gradient pigment and no light source.
2) I changed the spline object's (the road's) pigment to a y-axis gradient
from black to white. I then rendered the scene from an overhead
orthographic view with the same dimensions as the new heightfield image
(alpha is turned on, so there's no other stuff in the scene). In this way,
I have generated a new heightfield that conforms to the road surface and
nothing else.
3) I combined the two images in Photoshop. The result is a new terrain
heightfield that doesn't float above or below the road surface.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'outdoorscene_h.jpg' (69 KB)

Preview of image 'outdoorscene_h.jpg'