POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ruined : Re: Ruined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ruined
From: Woland
Date: 22 Jun 2007 12:15:02
Message: <web.467bf4d0b5692e82817d81a80@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I'm working on a scene of some ancient Greece-style ruins.  It has proved to
> be very difficult to get everything to look sufficiently weathered and
> "ruined".  But here is one of the columns as it stands at the moment.  If
> anyone has experience or suggestions in ruining things in POV, I'd love to
> hear them.
>
> - Kirk

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.459c444a1e22e58d42494bfa0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=243544
&toff=250

maybe it will give you some new ideas....
My columns were isosurfaces and i added them a little turbulenced gradient y
function to make veritical breaks, and some of noise 3d to make them older,
but if you doing this without using isosurfece try to make random
heightfield and substract it from every surface of the column,

p.s. this column looks impressive...nice..