POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Relativity WIP : Re: Relativity WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Relativity WIP
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 22 Jun 2007 09:25:01
Message: <web.467bcd4f96c808fdda881390@news.povray.org>
> Hi all, thought I'd post this cos it's starting to look good. I coded the
> geometry in an ancient version of RayShade almost 15 years ago, recently
> dug it out and extracted all my coordinates. It's built from the ubiquitous
> eroded blocks - I just ran a load of inside() tests on a grid through the
> plain union to get them in place. I need to do some pruning to get the
> memory usage down but I'm pretty happy with the structure and lighting now,
> maybe just a little brighter.

I have always loved Escher and this one looks pretty good, a beautiful
start.
The structure is fine. I always left the lighting adjustments for the final
part, when I have all modelling and texturing work done. But it's a good
start point.

> There's still a lot of work left though; arches, railings, people,
> ground/grass, trees, a few props...

I know, and I am looking forward to see it evolve.

> Comments and so forth welcomed as always.
> Bill

Txemi Jendrix
http://www.txemijendrix.com