POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield with road : Re: Heightfield with road Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield with road
From: SharkD
Date: 21 Jun 2007 21:40:02
Message: <web.467b274435b0b288877afef70@news.povray.org>
I opted to just use an image map for the road. At this scale it doesn't look
too bad.

The source image for the road is 4096x4096 pixels and 250MB in Photoshop! (I
needed to use Photoshop in order to draw on a new layer on top of an
overhead view of the heightfield.)

> SharkD wrote:
> > Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote:
> >
> >>If your road doesn't need to be elevated over the terrain,
> >>you could just layer a road texture on top.
> >
> > Yes, but this would require large images, and I'm already running out of
> > memory as it is.
>
> I was thinking more of a function pattern based on your road spline.
> Alternatively, you can make a thick road object and intersect it
> with the hf to get the road geometry.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'outdoorscene_b.jpg' (71 KB)