POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rippled Surface : Re: Rippled Surface Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rippled Surface
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Jun 2007 05:10:02
Message: <web.467a3f0de6567ab731f01d10@news.povray.org>
> A somewhat crappy "reproduction" of a linoleum cut by Escher,
> using only two ambient spheres, a reflective plane with normals
> and a POV-Tree mesh.

This is very interesting because it shows just how good Escher's sense of
geometric realism was. If you look at the distorted tree shapes reflected
from the rippled areas and compare to Escher's drawings, the match is
incredible. Sometimes  I think the man was a walking raytracer - the only
raytracer ever to output directly to woodcut & lithograph!

Nice image. I'm working on an Escher myself at the moment, I'll post some
results tonight.

Bill