POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfield with road : Heightfield with road Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield with road
From: SharkD
Date: 21 Jun 2007 04:00:02
Message: <web.467a2ea1b829942996f3cfc0@news.povray.org>
I've created a scene with a heightfield. I want to place a road over the
heightfield. I created a macro to generate a spline-shaped road that is
interpolated through points on the heightfield. The problem is that the
road cuts into (or floats over) the terrain depending on the slope of the
terrain around it. I don't expect there's a way to fix this. The only thing
I can think of is to modifiy the heightfield. Unfortunately, the resolution
of my heightfield is not great enough to do this.

What do the professionals do when they are facing similar problems?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'outdoorscene.jpg' (56 KB)

Preview of image 'outdoorscene.jpg'