POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements : Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.11.0 released: comments for future improvements
From: Janet
Date: 18 Jun 2007 00:05:01
Message: <web.46760350d112495ca7c783b0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Janet" <par### [at] attnet> schreef in bericht
> > It's often advantagious to import items one at a time. An obj for hair, an
> > obj for the figure, the poncho, etc. For example, if you are working on
> > the
> > poncho material in POV-Ray, you can comment out the other objects and it
> > parses much faster.
> > I use a method like this:
> > //Assembled objects ...
> > #include "BodyVase3_POV_geom.inc" object{BodyVase3_}
> > #include "V4Head_POV_geom.inc" object{V4Head_}
> > #include "Hat_POV_geom.inc" object{Hat_}
> > #include "Flowers_POV_geom.inc" object{Flowers_}
> >
> You are absolutely right, Janet. I have been thinking along this line, but
> not used it really just because everything went smooth and fast enough not
> to bother yet. However, I am often at the limits where Poser begins to slow
> down noticiably because of too many things to manage at the same time. This
> is particularly the case with several dynamic simulations applied to the
> same figure. So, breaking up the workflow where possible is an excellent
> option and easy to reassemble in POV-Ray later on.
>
> Thomas

Well, you bring up an interesting point because I had never thought of using
more than one Poser file for a single image. But, its good to keep in mind
if I ever get that much going in a Poser scene. I also heard that lowering
the max undos in Poser 7 can help. I think the default is 100, which is a
lot!!
And thanks for starting a thread on PoseRay. I think it's a great program
and I can learn a few things here, like scaling the bump mapping.