POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked : Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked
From: Allan
Date: 17 Jun 2007 22:20:01
Message: <web.4675eaff753da72387a47510@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Pov is looking for "function {GateF(x,y,z).gray}"  It will always require
> ..gray or .red etc. if you are using a pigment function (including a
> bitmap).

DOH!  I re-read the section in the manual for isosurface at least three
times today and still did not get that little item about the function
looking for the .gray color component.  Now it renders perfectly.  Thank
you, Kirk for providing a very useful example!  Examples like this should
be in the manual!

-Allan