POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked : Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 15 Jun 2007 08:40:02
Message: <web.46728838753da728d9b8bbd0@news.povray.org>
> Yikes! How do you "turn a bitmap into a function"? The isosurface part I
> (think) I've got an idea how to do, as well as adding the bumps. But how do
> you turn a bitmap into an isosurface function?

You can turn any pigment into a function, so first declare an image pattern
pigment, and then declare a function using that pigment.  This is my code:

#declare PGate =
pigment {
  image_pattern {
    jpeg "Gate/GateStructure4.jpg"   // image file to read
  }
}

#declare GateF =
function {
  pigment {PGate scale 10000*z}
}

You'll need a fairly high max_gradient setting (like 35) for it to come out
right.

-- Kirk

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: