POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked : Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Invitation: The Gate is Never Locked
From: s day
Date: 14 Jun 2007 17:20:01
Message: <web.4671b080753da724f02b0810@news.povray.org>
This is looking really good. The isosurface rocks in the foreground look a
bit smooth for rocks (I mean at a fine detail level if this makes any
sense), is this just a low quality accuracy setting? What method/patterns
did you use to make the rock isosurface? I have always found combining
wrinkles with other patterns good for a rock surface.

Good use of atmospheric fog/haze in the distance, it adds a lot to this
scene.

I think the contrast is already pretty good between inside and outside but
agree it would be good with something a bit more interesting in the
foreground to occupy the eye (although I have no idea what that might
be...)

I look forward to seeing the next version of this image, what are the render
times like..

Sean