POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Coffee's On! - My Next CGSphere : Re: Coffee's On! - My Next CGSphere Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Coffee's On! - My Next CGSphere
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 14 Jun 2007 08:20:02
Message: <web.46713228fabeec67c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
Davo <Dav### [at] Davocom> wrote:
> Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> > My latest CGSphere entry (#12) for your approval.
> > Original link: [http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?submission_id=3288]
> >
> > -tgq

> I've been lurking here for a little while and am continuously amazed at
> what you guys can do with a raytracer. The attention to detail in this
> is fantastic.
>
> The reflections over the povray and Funn logos, and on the coffee cup
> handle rim change - can I ask how do you do those?
>
> Davo

For both of those details I (and the stickers on the front of the base) I
used and image map.  I then evaluate the image map as a function and use it
to control both the pigment and normals. For the normals, it is an average
pattern of the normal define the raised look of the lettering and the
different bumpiness of the lettering and glass.  I can post some source if
you would like to see how I did it.

-tgq