POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Starship WIP : Re: Starship WIP Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Starship WIP
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 13 Jun 2007 13:50:01
Message: <web.46702e1932b4bd6f8e6de1380@news.povray.org>
> Mike Sobers wrote:
> > Here's my latest, though it looks a bit dark
>
> It still strikes me as funky-looking to have a spaceship obviously not
> designed to land in gravity nevertheless having flat decks for parking
> runabouts on.
>
> --
>    Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
>      His kernel fu is strong.
>      He studied at the Shao Linux Temple.

Yes, living in a gravity field my entire life has left me with a few biases.
 I was thinking that the crew might prefer having an up/down orientation in
their working environment so I included a gravity generator on this
particular ship (a cheaper alternative would have been to just have the
crew wear very heavy  boots).  However, that's not set in stone - I may
develop some sort of rotary dispenser for the fighters.  In fact I think
I'll give that a try and see where it goes for my next version.  Thanks for
the feedback!

Mike S.